From: Shanker Balan [mailto:shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 21. November 2013 03:46
To: CloudStack-Users
Subject: Re: KVM in advanced zone - some open questions

Comments inline.

On 20-Nov-2013, at 9:28 pm, Abu Bashiri <abu.bashiri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gents,
>
> i plan to implement CS 4.2 as a dev environment. I already had a look
> at the documentation but I still have some unanswered questions. I
> really appreciate any help.

Glad to hear you have chosen ACS for your dev environment.

> I have three centos 6.3 KVM hosts. One for the management server and
> the database and the other two hosts are for the VMs.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1.       Are there a guide for the necessary preparation steps for KVM? Or
> is it just really a plain yum install of the kvm components and then a
> installation of the agent?

Plain yum install along with the OS setup, networking changes and
libvirt/qemu configuration which is mentioned in the host installation docs.

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html-single/
Installation_Guide/index.html#hypervisor-kvm-install-flow

> 2.       Networking
>
> My physical servers have only two interfaces. I already configured a
> bond (mode 4 - LACP) for them. As already mentioned, I plan to use
> advanced networking. For that I configured three VLANs / subnetworks.
> The management network is set to untagged and is direct connected to the
physical bond.

Ok.

> 1.       Storage bond0.100
>
> As far as I understand, that's outside of CS management. It just has
> to be present so that the mount of NFS export is working? Is this
> right? Need I a bridge for this VLAN?

CloudStack uses traffic labels to determine the NIC to use. In the case of
KVM, the traffic label map to the "cloudbr" interface.

So, create "cloudbr0" and which maps to the bond0 interface. Since you have
only one bond, all traffic labels would point to "cloudbr0" in your case.

> 2.       Public bond0.40
>
> So as far as I understand, I need Guest as well but iam not sure if I
> need a bridge? If iam right, cloudstack will create the bridges for guest
networks?

Yes, cloudstack will create the bridge for the guests. Once you have
specific the traffic label (cloudbr0 in your case since you have only one
bond), the bridges will get created to bond0.

> And what is the right order? Install the agent and then add to
> cloudstack or shall I first configure the bridges, then set them in
> agent.properties and then add it to CS?

First configure your LACP, bond0 and cloudbr0. Once your networking is
ready, add the host to ACS.

> Sorry for the stupid questions.

Hth.

Regards.
@shankerbalan

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867 shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com |
www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd
floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

CloudStack Bootcamp Training on 27/28 November, Bangalore
http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil
and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.