Hi,
>From cloustack we need to specify whether Xenserver tools got installed on the
>template. while registering a template we see a checkbox “IsDynamic”, this
>represents whether tools installed or not.

Please check the template that you have used to deploy vm contains Xensever
Tools. (List template and check the parameter “isdynamicallyscalable”).
If not,
1) install Xenserver tools in the vm
2) Call UpdateVM API with “isdynamicallyscalable” flag “true”
3) Stop and Start the VM.
4) Try to scale the vm

-Harikrishna