Hi,

>From the managment server point of view (as I see it), it would have to
stop all communication to Agents and the like if it wished to do that, as
the data would become inconsistent with other Management Servers. I would
imagine this is too much work to implement, but I'm sure one of the
development guys will provide a better insight.

I currently implement the following work around:

___ Root Crontab ___
* * * * * /srv/csmanagement-watchdog

___ /srv/csmanagement-watchdog ___
#!/bin/bash
# If Cloudstack Management is not running, start it
if [ ! -e "/var/run/cloudstack-management.pid" ]; then
        service cloudstack-management start
fi

Hope this helps,
Marty