Hi Pierre

We are aware that vm.instancename.flag=false lead's tot he described naming.
But our experience with this setting was not good, we are running also some
PaaS services for our client's and troubleshooting became a nightmare as the
client is not aware if the "i-xx-yyyy-VM" name of his instances and for our
support it's not easy to find the releation between client's hostname and cs
instance name.

Also in the 4.2.1 documentation it states clearly that the naming should be as
follow:

"The following table explains how a VM name is displayed in different scenarios.
User-Provided Display Name | vm.instancename.flag | Hostname on the VM | Name
on vCenter                        | Internal Name
Yes                             | True                  | Display name
| i-<user_id>-<vm_id>-displayName       | i-<user_id>-<vm_id>-displayName

We really like to know if somebody else sees our naming issue as well or if it
could be related to our setup/installation

Regards
Andi