From: Shanker Balan [mailto:shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:23 AM
To: CloudStack-Users
Subject: Re: New to CloudStack // Questions

Comment inline.

On 21-Jan-2014, at 4:53 am, Chad <c...@logicweb.com> wrote:

> Regarding creating templates, the wiki comes off a little confusing to me
but I hope someone can explain.
> https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/
> Admin_Guide/create-templates-overview.html
>
> "Launch a VM instance that has the operating system you want."
>
> How would a VM you created in CS already have an OS you want if it only
comes with centos template by default?

> I want to be able to offer Centos 6 (which comes by default we know), but
also Ubuntu, Windows 2012, Gentoo, and a few other Linux flavors.

I have a very details CentOS template creation blog post at

http://shankerbalan.net/blog/cloudstack-centos-template-install-from-iso/

Hth.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867 shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com |
www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd
floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

Our CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the
best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

**NEW!** CloudStack 4.2 training<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
08/09 January 2014, London<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
13-17 January 2014, GLOBAL. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
20-24 January 2014, GLOBAL. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil
and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.