Hello everyone,

I'd like to set up a public cloud for web hosting (cloud shared hosting,
cloud vps, cloud servers) for a new venture.

My questions are:

----- Question #1 -----

What is the proper way to initially start the hardware infrastructure
(example)? I'm thinking the below would be a good starting point, but please
correct me if I'm wrong. Note that, I'd like to start off a little beefy.

Server #1

Purpose: CS Control Panel Install

Qty: 1

Dual Hexacore CPUs

16GB RAM

4 x 160GB SAS (RAID10)

Server #2

Purpose: Hypervisors (Memory)

Qty: 3, plus 1 for failover

Dual Hexacore CPUs

64GB RAM

2 x 160GB SATA RAID1

Server #3

Purpose: Backup

Qty: 1

Dual Hexacore CPUs

16GB RAM

12 x 2TB SAS RAID5

(Example above taken from
http://onapp.com/cloud/requirements/hardware-configs/)

----- Question #2 -----

Technically with cloud hosting, what would the difference be between a
"cloud vps" and "cloud dedicated server"? If I'm not mistaken, they're the
same, except the allowance for a 'dedicated server' option would be much
higher, right?

Side note, do you think IO's rate card for cloud hosting is hefty? Just
curious. http://www.io.com/cloud-rate-card/