Also, which version of NFS are you using?  For NFSv4 you need to export a
pseudo file system designated by fsid=0, which this guide doesn't mention.
 See section "18.7.1.1. Using exportfs with NFSv4" in the following article
for more information:

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-nfs-server-config-exports.html