Thanks Sanjeev. I was able to get it work today.The 172.16.10.1 is my
firewall gateway and the ingress rules seem be allow all.
 I recreated a vpc and a network offering using ovs and the 'Virtual
Networking' and 'Connectivity' provider.  Not really sure what these mean.I
also deleted and recreated my bridges . I wanted to create a network
offering for vpcs with OVS as the static NAT provider but that gets greyed
out as soon as I check the VPC.
Yes, I noticed that about the Virtual Router . It seems to respond to
ARPING with the secondary IP of its public NIC eth2 as 172.16.10.103 and I
assume thats how the routing takes place from my 172.16.10.1 gateway.

Anyhow, it seems to work now , will need to do some more tests.

---
Thanks .
Venkat