> I cleared the database and re-did the installation and all seems to be

> > working now.
> > ​
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > It seems that something must have been off during the initial install.
>
> Hi Marc, I was at the guy at the booth :)

Yeah, thank you; you were very patient. Thank you for helping me out in
Cloudstack; it was pretty new to me :-)

> In my angst to get things working I probably messed up the installed when
> upgrading rather quickly to 4.3.
>
> In any case, glad it's working now, please confirm that you can launch
> instances.

Truth be said, the config I am running now is probably not what I was
initially looking but I thought go for the out-of-the-box installation and
take it from there.

I have assigned the internal addresses to be a range of the external
network, but I noticed that though I see the connections from the VMs
coming from the correct IP (when e.g. ssh-ing to an external server); but I
cannot connect back (ingress rules are very strict).

Is there any resource you'd recommend to convert the basic guest network to
a configuration where all the VMs are exposed to the network as if they
were machines sitting on that network?

One thing I've also noticed when deploying test software on the cloud is
that I cannot use DHCP:

The machines are installed by default with a static IP (software needs to
be predictable and on the network). When changing over the static IP to a
DHCP address; I see that the system gets a DHCP address that seems (need to
verify this, but I would need to check the DHCP server on the switch to
which I do not have access atm) to come from the network. However the
system is muted on the network.

Only when I set the IP to the IP it got assigned by cloudstack can I access
the network.