Hello
 we are working on a solution to deploy virtual desktops (and servers too)
using cloudstack and a front end portal developed in python by our team. We
have customized the kvm agent to support spice. In future we want also
support rdp and other protocols like x2go.
 The solution will be available with open source license in spring 2015.

We will make a point of keeping you up to date

Regards

ignaziocass...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

 >  >

 >  >

 >  > Hi, if you do not want to modify acs to add spice support you could
use

 >  > ovirt : it is not a desktop as a service platform but it let you to
add

 >  > some user permissions and it supports spice.

 >  > Regards

 >  >

 >  > Ignazio

 >  > Il giorno 10/dic/2014 17:29, "Nux!" <n...@li.nux.ro> ha scritto:

 >  >

 >  > > Until ACS supports Spice, if ever, I think you're better off with
"on-VM"

 >  > > softare such RDP for Windows and X2GO/NX for Linux.

 >  > >

 >  > > HTH

 >  > > Lucian

 >  > >

 >  > > --

 >  > > Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!

 >  > >

 >  > > Nux!

 >  > > www.nux.ro

 >  > >

for

 >  > > some

 >  > > > open source alternative to this..Is there something else
available for

 >  > > such

 >  > > > tasks which can be used for both windows and Linux...

 >  > > > I found a few alternatives like spice (http://www.spice-space.org/
),

 >  > > apache

 >  > > > VCL (http://vcl.apache.org/) and cantivo (http://cantivo.org/)

 >  > > > I wished to know if any of these an be used with cloudstack? If
yes then

wrote:

 >  > > >

 >  > > >>

 >  > > >> > On Dec 5, 2014, at 11:08 PM, Tilak Raj Singh <tila...@gmail.com
>

 >  > > wrote:

 >  > > >> >

 >  > > >> > Hello Everybody,

 >  > > >> >

 >  > > >> > I am new to cloudstack so I dont know if I am going off the
topic

 >  > > here. I

 >  > > >> > wished to know how to setup Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI)
using

 >  > > >> > cloudstack. I browsed the net and found that openstack has the

 >  > > >> capabilities

 >  > > >> > to setup this feature. Does cloudstack can be used to deploy
such a

 >  > > >> > service? If yes some links for the same would be highly
appreciated.

 >  > > Also

 >  > > >> > if cloudstack does not have that capability then is there some

 >  > > >> alternative

 >  > > >> > to this?

 >  > > >>

 >  > > >> Hi and welcome! CloudStack can be used with Citrix XenDesktop and

 >  > > XenApp

 >  > > >> to provide VDI services for users. It’s covered in the XenDesktop

 >  > > >> install/setup docs (just replace CloudPlatform with CloudStack)

 >  > > >>

 >  > > >> > Another thing I wanted to know is how to instantiate virtual
machines

 >  > > >> > automatically if the load is increased. Have read about load
balancing

 >  > > >> and

 >  > > >> > I guess its regarding this only.

 >  > > >>

 >  > > >> If you mean for VDI, XenDesktop can manage this once connected to

 >  > > >> CloudStack. If you mean outside of that setup, the phrase you’re
looking

 >  > > >> for is “autoscaling.” Currently it works with either NetScaler
load

 >  > > >> balancers or XenServer virtualization.

 >  > > >>

 >  > > >> > The architecture I wish to setup is to provide VDI to several
users on

 >  > > >> > demand via browsers, where the compute is done on the virtual

 >  > > machines.

 >  > > >> Now

 >  > > >> > when suppose 10 users are simultaneously using this Virtual
Desktop

 >  > > the

 >  > > >> > load on the VM increases so cloudstanck spawns another VM to
share the

 >  > > >> load

 >  > > >> > of these 10 users to 5 each on these two VMs created. I hope
my doubt