On Jan 26, 2015, at 3:54 PM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com> wrote:

> What I would like to see from CloudStack + CoreOS is an integrated automatic
> authentication, which would take the end user ssh keys from acs or
> automatically sets a password upon creation of CoreOS instance. As far as I
> recall, when I was testing CoreOS about 6 months ago, this was missing and it
> took a bit of hackery to create a usable instance where you can actually
> login and do stuff.

if you look at the scripts used to build the coreOS template for cloudstack:

https://github.com/coreos/coreos-overlay/tree/master/coreos-base/oem-cloudstack/files

They do fetch the ssh key served by the virtual router .

coreOS uses its own version of cloudinit to be able to do this on boot.

so if you setup sshkeys in cloudstack and use it to deploy a coreOS VM, that
coreOS template will fetch the keys and you will be in business…

not to say that it cannot be improved, but the mechanics are there and could be
enhanced if needed.

-seb