A little bit ago there was a thread started on the dev list about XCP and
CloudStack.  I've had a bit of a think about this if you're using XCP I
would like to understand better how XCP, and by extension the XAPI
toolstack when *not* part of XenServer, is deployed in your environments.
If XCP/XAPI users can answer these three questions, it would help in
understanding how to best handle XCP moving forward.

1. What OS/version are you using for dom0 and with what hypervisor version?

2. How did you deploy XCP (from pre-compiled ISO, built from source,
package source i.e yum/apt-get, xenserver-core packages, something else)

3. How are you handling updates to the XCP/Xen/XAPI components,
particularly those of a security nature?

While the XAPI toolstack as part of XenServer receives significant
development and QA attention, the same can't be said for legacy XCP and
pure XAPI.  There are also assumptions made for XenServer which aren't
always valid in a legacy XCP or general XAPI installation.  What I'm trying
to figure out is if we need to address any issues, and if so what the
impact might be.

Thanks

-tim