Thanks Rafael.

I'll check to see what the maintenance status is for xcp-xapi with Debian
when I get back to the office on Monday.  I do recall there being issues
raised last summer.

One of the reasons the question I've asked is so important has to do with
CloudStack assumptions in a XenServer environment.  For example, it doesn't
directly issue xe commands, but uses both the Java and Python xapi
bindings, and has a number of supporting scripts which assume package
versions which match those of specific XenServer releases.

btw, by way of disclosure, I'm the XenServer community manager and have
acquired a pretty decent level of expertise with things Xen, XCP, XAPI and
XenServer since joining the team in 2008.  Here's a google search for me:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tim%20mackey%20xenserver

Oh, and I'm grinning as I write this since I suspect some colleagues will
kid me over you educating me.  No harm, and no offense.  I guess I'm not as
well known as I thought ;)

-tim