Hi!

Am 10.07.2015 um 16:42 schrieb Timothy Lothering:
Hi Martin,

 From the logs it seems that ACS has found that the host has sufficient memory
capacity, but when it deploys it, it seems there is not enough. It could be a
bug whereby technically the system has enough capacity, but during the
provisioning stage, it suddenly does not.

errorInfo: [HOST_NOT_ENOUGH_FREE_MEMORY, 4447010816, 1744826368]

I read this message as [..., Requested Memory, Available Memory ] on the XenServer.

 From the logs it seems you are also using Local Storage (vs Shared), so
initially it finds that host 335 has enough memory (albeit ~7MB left) and tries
to deploy. The deploy fails and it tries to redeploy the VM using Host 335's
storage, which is inaccessible.

1. Have you tried to deploy a 2GB memory Machine on this host?

Yes, won't work either, as the XenServer just had 1,7GB free.
But I could create a 512MB VM as expected.

Now ACS thinks the host has 3,507 GB free, while XenServer reports 1,2GB free. So the gap between what is really free and what ACS thinks is free remains the same.

2. Do both hosts have the same CPU and memory configuration?

yes, absolutely identical.

3. Try to the following:

a. Increase the cluster.memory.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold from 0.85 to
0.90 and restart MS - Test redeploy
b. Decrease the cluster.memory.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold from 0.85 to
0.80 and restart MS - Test redeploy

The above two tests should get your Host a bit more manoeuvrability and see
what happens in the MS Logs.

No effect, as these options refer to a complete cluster, not a single host. After changing them, ACS still tries to deploy a new 2GB VM on the full host.

I think the key is to somehow force ACS to _ask_ XenServer how much memory is really free, instead of doing it's own calculations.

Ciao

Martin