Andrija,

Are you talking about CS Management server OS? I thought it does not really matter if it includes libvirt or not. All calls to storage should go through hypervisor and any KVM host goes with libvirt. The version of libvirt for old OS may not be aligned with latest Ceph release that is true. Cloud architect must check compatibility version matrix for all products Ceph/KVM/CS anyway.

Vadim.

On 2015-09-11 11:24, Andrija Panic wrote:

RBD for KVM comes out of the box for Ubuntu 14.x (perhaps also 12.x) - not
with CentOS6, and not sure really about CentOS7 (probably not also...)

On 11 September 2015 at 09:53, Vadim Kimlaychuk <va...@kickcloud.net> wrote:

For KVM hosts RBD comes "out of the box" with libvirt. For XenServer Ceph
(RBD) storage type is not yet implemented. I would say it is very
hypervisor-specific and does not depend much from Cloudstack.

Regards,

Vadim.