Well, for such chassis you need server, as Simon wrote, and you may have speed as well if you put couple of 10Gb network cards in it :)

Vadim.

On 2015-12-08 21:20, Nux! wrote:

Vadim,

Let's say this http://www.supermicro.co.uk/products/chassis/3U/836/SC836BE2C-R1K03JBOD.cfm [1]
plus a LSI Megaraid card.

It has 8 x Mini-SAS ports that I can connect hypervisors to, but from what I read and from what Simon says ( :> ) that doesn't give me shared storage unless I re-export it from another computer. Doing this beats the purpose in a way, because I wanted speed.. If I go over the network I lose that.

So it starts to be clear to me DAS is not what I need. :)

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro [2]