Cristian,

In a Basic Network you only have one public interface on the VR, as well as
169.254 on eth1 - that's a link-local address used to communicate with the HV.
-
To add a new subnet to your network you must go to Home - Infrastructure -
Zones - Your Zone - Physical Network - Your Public Network - Guest - Network -
click existing network - View IP Ranges - Add IP Range ... (it's actually
simpler from the API/cloudmonkey).

Once you have added it your VR should start using it at some point, especially
if you have exhausted your current subnet.
You can check what IP it passed out to instances in /etc/dhcphosts.txt

HTH

Nux!
www.nux.ro