Welcome, Carlos.

There are a few possibilities, but the first thing to know is that
catalina.out isn't the log you should be looking at. Take a look here for
some tips on troubleshooting:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.8/troubleshooting.html.
The one thing you'll note is management-server.log is rather verbose, so
it's not a bad idea to have it running through tail while performing
whatever task isn't cooperating.

In terms of possibilities for what's going on, you should know that
registering it via the UI adds it to the database, but there is a
background task which actually copies the ISO contents, and that could be
erroring out. I don't have the UI in front of me, but if you click on the
ISO name, you'll see an icon for details in the zone. Click on that and you
can see the status. Under normal conditions, it'll show "x%" while
downloading, and "Ready" when done. "Error" obviously means something went
wrong, and the management server log will be your friend.

One thing to note is that if you're using a private address for your
upload, then you need to set the global properties for
"secstorage.allowed.internal.sites" to the CIDR which encompasses the HTTP
server. This change will require the management server to be restarted, but
is easily the 80% case if your secondary storage is correct.

btw, once you get this sorted out for ISOs, you'll have also sorted it out
for templates.

-tim