Hey John,
Thanks for the initiative.  We will be focusing the hackathon mainly around
testing.  I will be setting up full environments for the teams to work with
and those details will be made available on the day of the hackathon.

I think it is a good idea to have a general theme for the hackathon to help
focus us on getting actionable work done.

I like the idea of having topics submitted early and teams getting
organized prior to the actual hackathon.

Cheers,

Will