Hi Ron,

As far as I know Tomcat7 is not by default included in CentOS 6. It is the
default in CentOS 7. It’s probably best to document both.

Tomcat is a package dependency, and not shipped with CloudStack. The package of
CloudStack 4.8 for CentOS 6 depends on Tomcat6, the one for CentOS 7 depends on
Tomcat 7.

Regards, Remi

On 12/06/16 03:55, "Ron Wheeler" <rwhee...@artifact-software.com> wrote:

> [...]
>I was using this as a Guide but was altering my actions to handle CentOS 7.
>
>I am not sure that this should be optional since 4.8.0 seems to include
>Tomcat 7 so you really do not have an option of using another version if
>you use the Quick Start Guide.
>It should be the default for the CentOS 6.5 Quick Install since there is
>no other version of Tomcat involved.
>
>In the docs,
>http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.8/qig.html
>
>the option should be in the command shown in the code figure since it is
>for a very specific setup - CentOS 6 and the stock 4.8.x distribution.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Ron
>

>On 11/06/2016 7:11 AM, Remi Bergsma wrote:
>> Hi Ron,
>>
>> There's a flag to run the setup mgt script to support tomcat7. Can't
>> remember its exact naming (am on a phone now). Something like --tomcat7 or
>> --centos7 or so. That should work.
>>
>> Regards, Remi
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 10 Jun 2016, at 23:04, Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I had cloudstack 4.5.2 installed and running at one point on CentOS7.
>>>
>>> After updating a lot of packages including the kernel, it stopped working.
>>>
>>> I uninstalled the old cloudstack - deleted the database and installed
>>> 4.8.0. It did not work.
>>>
>>> I found out that the uninstall did not actually remove very many files.
>>>
>>> I uninstalled 4.8.0 and deleted the cloudstack folders on /etc and
>>> usr/share, deleted the database and started again.
>>>
>>> Seemed OK until cloudstack-setup-management.
>>>
>>> "Cannot find /etc/cloudstack/management/server-nonssl.xml or
>>> /etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6-nonssl.conf, https enable failed"
>>>
>>> Sure enough there are no such files and I recall on the older setup that
>>> there were links from /etc/ to /user/share.
>>>
>>> There are no instructions about setting these up manually and I would have
>>> thought that the install would have done this.
>>>
>>> Did I miss something?
>>>
>>> Console output:
>>>
>>> CloudStack has successfully initialized database, you can check your
>>> database configuration in /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties
>>>
>>> [root@vserver1 management]# cloudstack-setup-management
>>> Starting to configure CloudStack Management Server:
>>> Configure Firewall ...        [OK]
>>> Configure CloudStack Management Server ...[Failed]
>>> Cannot find /etc/cloudstack/management/server-nonssl.xml or
>>> /etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6-nonssl.conf, https enable failed
>>> Try to restore your system:
>>> Restore Firewall ...          [OK]
>>> Restore CloudStack Management Server ...[OK]
>>>
>>> [root@vserver1 management]# cd /etc/cloudstack/management
>>> [root@vserver1 management]# ls
>>> Catalina         catalina.properties  commons-logging.properties
>>> environment.properties  key              server7-nonssl.xml tomcat-users.xml
>>> catalina.policy  classpath.conf       db.properties java.security.ciphers