After we switched pool master to another host with command “xe
pool-designate-new-master host-uuid=xxxx”, the CloudStack mgmt. server
eventually connected to all hosts successfully with all hosts in Running state.

So I can only speculate that there is something wrong with the Xen Cluster
itself, but I have no direct evidence to support this claim from Xen server
logs.  Once the master is switched over, I restarted xen toolstack on the old
master node just to be safe.

Yiping

On 9/7/16, 7:15 PM, "Ezequiel Mc Govern" <ezequiel.mcgov...@gmail.com> wrote:

    We have the same problem,one Pool get in connecting or Alert state.

    The configuration is the same.

    > On Sep 7, 2016, at 17:50, Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > In one of our xen clusters, all host except the pool master are stuck in
alerting or connecting state.  There are no scary log entries in catalina.out
or management-server.log.

    > I have tried to restart management service already, but it has no effect.
What other steps can I take?   I am thinking of restarting xen toolstack on the
pool master (already tried on one of slave host, no effect), is this a safe
operation to do with tons of VM running on all hosts and the pool master?

    > Yiping
    >
    > PS: we are running CS 4.8.0 on RHLE 6.7 and Xen 6.5 with all recommended
security patches installed.