Greetings,

Is it correct that currently there is no support in Cloudstack for KVM live VM snapshots? I see that Volume snapshots are available for running VMs, but that makes me wonder what everyone is doing to get a disaster recovery backup of a KVM based VM? I did ask this question a few weeks back, but only one person responded with one solution, and I am really trying to figure out what the best solutions are here.

Has anybody seen this script? https://gist.github.com/ringe/334ee88ba5451c8f5732

What is the community's opinion of scripts like this? And also, big question, if this script is good, why isn't it integrated into Cloudstack?

Thanks,
Asai