Hmm, so why are trying to use the external network system?

You can configure 4 virtual network devices between your host and the
virtual machines you created to deploy ACS (attach ACS and hosts VMs to
these networks). Then, you select one of these networks to be the public
one. For the public network, you can create iptables (or other routing
mechanism) to forward packets coming from the public virtual network to
your box public network. Then, you would be independent of the external
network.

--
Rafael Weingärtner