Most people would not need Visas, and that is why I find it so interesting.

For instance, Latin and central Americans do not need a visa for
visiting/tourism; people from europeans country also do not need.

Here you have the complete list:
http://www.portalconsular.itamaraty.gov.br/images/qgrv/QGRV-simples-ing-08-12-16.pdf

Find your country in the table that starts on page 2 and check the
corresponding code in column “VITUR (Tourism)”. The caption for the codes
is listed on page 1. The most common codes are 1 (visa is required) and 8
(visa exemption for staying as a tourist for a period of at most 90 days)

I am going to an event in Brazil this month, and for the guys that needed a
Visa, it took between 24-72 HOURS to finish the process and receive the
visa stamp in the passport (this happened in Montreal, I do not know how
other consulates would work, but they all should follow the same protocol).

I also think that organizing something for 2018 is safer. Then, we only
need to decide the time frame and check if we have a quorum to start
organizing everything. The university has a big body of technological
courses from computer science to Engineerings (electrical, mechanical,
automation and so forth) that would probably attend, but I do believe that
contact with you guys (active PMCs and Committers) would make all the
difference.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Gabriel Beims Bräscher <gabrasc...@gmail.com

--
Rafael Weingärtner