Hello,

   We started facing strange issue with cloudstack VM. where all the VMs in
one particular tenant are not able to resolve DNS. since we are using
advanced networking we have tried to reboot virtual router and other DNS
services. still that particular tenant is not able to resolve the DNS.

  following troubleshooting steps completed.
   1) From the tenant (with issue) we are able reach DNS server with ICMP
(ping)
   2) from other tenant we are able to reach DNS server on ICMP. also DNS
resolution working from other tenant.
   3) We have checked ingress and egress traffic settings where we have
allowed all inbound and outbound but still DNS resolution is not working.

NOTE: DNS server is currently hosted in public network subnet which is
being used by all the tenants