Hello, friends.

I'm planning to deploy new cluster with KVM and shared NFS storage soon.
Right now I already have such deploys that operate fine. Currently, I'm
trying to compare different storage options for new cluster between
- LVM+EXT4+HWRAID+BBU,
- LVM+EXT4+MDADM and
- ZFS.

HW setup is:
- 5 x Micron 5100PRO 1.9TB
- LSI9300-8i HBA or LSI9266-8i+BBU
- Cisco UCS server w/ 24x2.5" / 2xE5-2650 / 64GB RAM

I have got competitive performance results between them locally already,
but now I need to test over NFS. I'm pretty sure that first two options
will operate nice with ACS default NFS mount args (because I already have
such cases in prod), but ZFS is quite smart thing, so I started to
investigate how to change NFS client mount options and unfortunately
haven't succeed defining the proper place where cloudstack agent determines
how to mount share and what args to use. I read a lot of ZFS-related
articles and people write rsize/wsize affect quite much, so I wonder how to
instruct cloudstack agent to use specific rsize/wsize args to mount primary
storage.

Also, I haven't found in ACS archives mentions about ZFS NFS share, so
might be it's a bad case for ACS because of Qcow image format?, but I think
it could be a good one so want to test personally.

Any suggestions are welcome.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks Software, Ltd.