Hello Team,

I am using cloudstack 4.7.1 with xenserver 6.5, Recently I come up with a
strange issue. I had a VM with four data disk  so we planned to scale it up, I
shutdown my VM and changed the service offering and  before doing that we had
taken snapshot, after all this I just turned on my VM and it gave me error that
VMs cant be up due to insufficient capacity. So I have checked the logs but
couldn't get any clue. I see the path of these volumes from my DB and checked
it in my storage and I found all these VHD are having no data earlier it used
to be like 100GB, 25GB  and like this , but now size of disks are around 50KB
for all VHDs.

So how come it deleted all old VHDs and replaced it with new VHd, I checked on
my xenserver about these VHDs so that I can map the correct VHD in cloud stack.
 We found the relevant VHDs and copied it to another location so that we can
revcover data in case of any issue.

After some time I noticed that it deleted all old VHDs as well - I Dont
understand why it got deleted even if I manually create VHD it is also getting
deleted. So we tried it import all VHDs in a xenserver and found no data inside
these VHDs.

We were using LVM with all these four disk, basically I mounted 3 data disk and
create a volume group and then merged it into a root file system. I agree that
its not a good practice because data disk should not depend on OS disk.

Can someone please help me to figure out the reason behind it.

Vivek Kumar