Hello, devs, users, Rohit. Have a good day.

Rohit, you intend to freeze 4.11 on 8 january and, frankly speaking, I see
risks here. A major risk is that 4.10 is too buggy and it seems nobody uses
it actually right now in production because it's unusable, unfortunately,
so we are planning to freeze 4.11 which stands on untested 4.10 with a lot
of lacks still undiscovered and not reported. I believe it's a very
dangerous way to release one more release with bad quality. Actually,
marvin and units don't cover regressions I meet in 4.10. Ok, let's take a
look at new one our engineers found today in 4.10:

It happens rarely for Domain Admin, probably other roles are affected. We
meet it once a week. It's for resource accounting. Domain admin resource
quota is 200GB of primary storage. During continouos creation of VMs and
removing them it leads to "Maximum number of resources of type
'primary_storage' for domain id=2 has been exceeded", however only 26 GB is
used actually.

I mean smoke tests run well, unit tests run well, but *nobody reported very
obvious bug* which should be met number of times if community use 4.10. I
suppose, there are a lot of undiscovered and unreported regressions in 4.10
and this is a huge risk to the 4.11 release quality and more we move that
way quality decreases. Unfortunately, I'm not able to propose a silver
bullet, but I suppose feature development speed should be decreased until
master is tested very thoroughly and might be 8 january is too early for
4.11 freeze.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks Software, Ltd.