Hi all,

After banging my head with different network configuration permutations, I
don't understand what is the issue with Network Guru here and why it can't
implement the isolated guest network. I just want to know if Advanced Zone
can be successfully setup or has someone configured an advanced zone using
untagged VLAN traffic?

I have the following configuration of components:
- I have 3 (16 GB Ram and 4 Cores) machines each with 1 physical NIC.
- I have two networks: 192.168.20.0/24 (using this for isolated guest
network) and 172.16.20.0/16 (management server and NFS servers network)
- I am using KVM hypervisor and NFS for storage.
- Currently, the output of brctl show is (when the Cloudstack is not
running, other wise the interface are populated with three vnets for cloud0
and 4-5 vnets for cloudbr0):
cloud0          8000.000000000000       no
cloudbr0                8000.3464a92a083a       no              eno1
virbr0          8000.525400daae23       yes             virbr0-nic

My earlier doubt was if I can configure advanced zone with one physical
interface available in each host, but that was resolved when I read this
post of ShankerBalan:
https://shankerbalan.net/blog/cloudstack-simple-advanced-network-example/

ACS throws InsufficientVirtualNetworkCapacity exception and lines like:
"NetworkGuru can't implement network [275||15]" are printed in management
server logs when I try to create a simple CentOS 5.5 NoGUI KVM instance
after a complete and fresh install of ACS (even of CentOS).

My main doubt here is if I can successfully configure an advanced zone with
two networks but with untagged VLAN traffic ? I can't currently configure
the router or switches to allow tagged VLAN networking as I am doing this
project in my university. But, I have requested and gained access to the
mentioned two networks: 192.168.20.0/24 and 172.16.20.0/16 and both
networks are pingable and have internet access across all three machines.
Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks,
Parth Patel