We are using original one (cloud instance manager) sucessfully - at least
on older template (from say 8 months ago...) - not sure if versions have
been changing or not - here is what we use (version check)
https://snag.gy/prZTPB.jpg so you can try ti compare... Unless some new
mega security by MS to ban setting pass....(I guess you confirmed the
service is running, after install ?)

Though, hostname is not set indeed - it's random windows style...

--

Andrija Panić