Hi, all:

At my site, our currently practice is to have only one primary storage device
for each CloudStack cluster, serving up to 500 disk volumes with total of 10 –
20TB disk space.  Now, we are replacing old NetApp clusters with new ones and
moving to SSD disks,  so I need to recreate all my primary storage devices.

I am thinking of configuring three primary storage volumes, each served by a
different NetApp cluster,  for each CloudStack cluster to divide work load on
the NetApp end, and to provide some storage redundancy in CloudStack.

My question is when creating new VM instances,  how would I distribute new disk
volumes on to different primary storage devices evenly and automatically?

I am wondering how are other users configure their (NFS) primary storage
devices?  What are your best practices in this area?

Thanks

Yiping