From: Razvan Rosca <razvan.ro...@gmail.com>
Sent: 01 May 2019 17:28
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Restricting IP usage & Upgrading CloudStack & Live storage migration

Hello,

We're thinking about switching from our current Xen+Proxmox setup into
something more "advanced", and we're really considering CloudStack as one of
our best/main candidates.

Right off the bat here are the first questions:

   - in our current setup users can freely use each other's IP address,
   because the software stack doesn't enforce any limits (or requires us to
   manually edit stuff each time a VM is created). Does CloudStack have the
   same behavior? What we need is kinda simple: allow a specific VM to use a
   specific IP, and only that IP.
   - does CloudStack have the same "no-upgrade" policy as OpenStack?
   Ugrading OpenStack was/is nearly impossible, so I'm wondering if this is
   the case with CloudStack as well.
   - does CloudStack support "live-migration" between local storages? Xen
   does it, and does it really well. Again, I'm referring to local storage
   (local HDD/SSD/NVMe), not a central Ceph/Gluster/NFS store.

Thank you,
Razvan Rosca

Skype: razvan.rosca
Tel: +40 731 059 660