When you change the password for a VM (while VM is stopped) - ACS will
store the password (in readable form) inside the VR in
/var/cache/cloud/password-xxxxxxxx - so if you see the password here (as
given in the UI) - that means that nobody fetched the password from the VR
- but if it's missing (replaced with word "saved") that means that the
script/cloud-init already downloaded the password (but it's question if it
was applied or not on the OS/VM itself)

Hope that helps

--

Andrija Panić