Hi all,

think i`m getting somewhere with it now.

currently when I try to change the password it says NetworkManager is not
running

Jul 28 11:51:17 centos8-base-m1Dd4 cloud-set-guest-password[886]: Error:
NetworkManager is not running.
Jul 28 11:51:17 centos8-base-m1Dd4 cloud[924]: Unable to determine the
password server, falling back to data-server
Jul 28 11:51:17 centos8-base-m1Dd4 cloud[925]: Sending request to password
server at data-server
Jul 28 11:51:17 centos8-base-m1Dd4 cloud[936]: Failed to send request to
password server at data-server
Jul 28 11:51:17 centos8-base-m1Dd4 cloud[939]: Did not need to change
password.

i`m guessing this means its not running on boot when the script is running
as once i'm logged if I check the service status it says it running,
however I have noticed that under CGroup the is a dhclient line in my
working Centos7 Template which doesnt appear in my new Centos8 Template:

CGroup: /system.slice/NetworkManager.service
           ├─774 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon
           └─903 /sbin/dhclient -d -q -sf /usr/libexec/nm-dhcp-helper -pf
/var/run/dhclient-eno16777984.pid -lf
/var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient-dcf53092-0072-3182-bb91-c33e31d619e3-eno16777984.lease
-cf /var/lib/NetworkManager/dhc...

not sure if that is whats wrong at the minute more looking at differences
between working and not working.