Hi,

I'm looking into using VMware Virtual Distributed Switches with my next lab
build.  Has there been any new developments on using the VDS with CloudStack?
The latest info seems to be in the 4.11 notes, snippet below.  If I'm looking
at this correctly, I cannot have my NFS Storage network on the VDS...is that
still the case with 4.15?

Prerequisites and Guidelines

  *   VMware VDS is supported only on Public and Guest traffic in CloudStack.
  *   VMware VDS does not support multiple VDS per traffic type. If a user has
many VDS switches, only one can be used for Guest traffic and another one for
Public traffic.
  *   Additional switches of any type can be added for each cluster in the same
zone. While adding the clusters with different switch type, traffic labels is
overridden at the cluster level.
  *   Management and Storage network does not support VDS. Therefore, use
Standard Switch for these networks.
  *   When you remove a guest network, the corresponding dvportgroup will not
be removed on the vCenter. You must manually delete them on the vCenter.

Many thanks!

Mike

Mike Corey

Technology Senior Consultant, IT CS CTW Operation & Virtualization Service US

SAP AMERICA, INC. 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073 United States

T +1 610 661 0905, M +1 484 274 2658, E mike.co...@sap.com

[cid:image001.png@01D736C1.9DABF7C0]