Yes, I means changing ipv6.

Adding secondary IP, seems not adding second IPv6 also .

For my case now, the IPv6 ad MAC is not the same also :

MAC:  link/ether 1e:00:0d:00:01:ec brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

IPV6;

inet6 x:x:x:x:1c00:dff:fe00:1ec/64 scope global mngtmpaddr dynamic
       valid_lft 2591848sec preferred_lft 604648sec
    inet6 fe80::1c00:dff:fe00:1ec/64 scope link

It seems last 6 digit same, others is different.

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 3:03 PM Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl> wrote:

> On 5/1/21 8:48 AM, Hean Seng wrote:
> > Hi Wido
> >
> > The issue solved .  Need to configure ra in router vlan.   Previously we
> > set  "ipv6 nd ra suppress" , for other systems to work, after change to
> > Cloudstack, it need to remove this and make it have announcement of IPv6
> > VM.
> >

> Yes. The Routers need to send IPv6 Router Advertisements in order to
> have the VM configure itself and know where to send traffic to.
>
> > By the way,  This way of configuring IPv6,  if IPv6 need to change, how
> can
> > we replace this IPv6 ?
> >

> I don't understand this question. Do you mean how to change the IPv6
> address of a VM?
>
> If so, that's not possible. You can add secondary IPs, but the primary
> IP is based on the MAC of the VM.
>
> Wido
>

> > On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 2:37 PM Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Can you check with tcpdump on the host and sniff the vnetX device of the
> >> VM to see if you ICMPv6 packages reach the VM?
> >>
> >> Security Grouping with IPv6 works with KVM, so it has to be a
> >> configuration issue somewhere.
> >>
> >> Wido

> >> with

>  PHYSDEV