Hey everyone,

                I try to use cloud-init for password reset but for some reason
it does not work. I thought it is out of the box ☹. Here is my config:

== Centos 7.9  minimal

yum -y install cloud-init cloud-utils-growpart
systemctl enable cloud-init

echo "datasource:
CloudStack: {}
None: {}
datasource_list:
CloudStack" > /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/99_cloudstack.cfg

echo "system_info:
    default_user:
     name: root
disable_root: 0
ssh_pwauth: 1" > /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/80_root.cfg

First and foremost cloud-init does not run at all. There is noting in the logs
/var/logs/cloud-init.log
When launched manual via cloud-init init, logs say it is all successful but
root password is not changed.

Not sure If I do something wrong but everyplace I do read says it should be
working without pretty much complications.
Do I do something wrong?

Regards,
Jordan