From: Alireza Eskandari <astro.alir...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 5:09 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Centos 7.9 - cloud-init password reset?

[X] This message came from outside your organization

Hi
You should check log files in /run/cloud-init directory for the root cause.
If cloud-init cannot find the datasource, it won't run.
The better way to configure datasource in cloud-init is using ds-identify.cfg
file Delete "/etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/99_cloudstack.cfg" and create
"/etc/cloud/ds-identify.cfg" file with this content:
datasource: ConfigDrive, CloudStack
Then check output of this command:
DEBUG_LEVEL=2 DI_LOG=stderr /usr/lib/cloud-init/ds-identify --force
Unfortunately cloud-init is poorly documented and you should do some try and
error to fix it.
Take a look at this link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/faq.html__;!!A6UyJA!2vfkFVGQOoMM0mDg1l-3C6bstn_Yp1e6L5bcnqYmIww2wWMz3EgdTU6-DlC5Z-6zLeBde_X0gZxc$