Good Morning All,

My name is Matt and I have just joined this mailing list. I apologize in
advance if this email becomes lengthy.

I am new to working with Cloudstack and I have been trying to test out the
software a bit. I am trying to use the Quick Start guide provided by
Cloudstack to get used to the general installation process and its use.
While there was a bit of a learning curve, I have reached all the way to
the end of the guide. To provide some information on my design, I am using
two CentOS VMs with one acting as the gateway and the other having the
entire installation. I made sure to set Promiscuous Mode to Allow VMs for
both the gateway and client, provided enough computational resources,
Enabled Nested VT-x/AMD-V, stopped and disabled NetworkManager on both the
gateway and client, and followed every single step verbatim (using
copy/paste as much as possible and making adjustments where needed).

The only issue is that when I hit "Launch Zone" as one of the final steps,
it gets stuck on Adding Host. I do usually get a notification saying that
it cannot connect to the management server. This doesn't make as much sense
since it should be the same machine. I have included a screenshot of where
I got stuck, the link to the Quick Start guide, and the link to the book I
used for my gateway (go to page 118). Can anyone give me any pointers? I
have done the whole process twice and received the same results. I am not
sure if it would be the cause, however I want to note that I stopped and
disabled the firewall on the client, but the gateway's firewall is still up
and running. While I can see the firewall on the client possibly causing
issues, I am not sure about the gateway.

[image: image (1).png]

Quick Start Guide:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/quickinstallationguide/qig.html
Gateway: https://oiipdf.com/mastering-centos-7-linux-server