Hi,

Normally cloud providers create vm templates with small size (e.g. 10GB).
When create vm from the template, user can override the root disk size so
that vm have a larger size (e.g. 60GB)
If the vm template has cloud-init installed, it can detect the new disk
size and auto-grow the partition to use the full disk.

In your case, if users pay for only 60GB, resizing to 120GB should be
forbidden.

-Wei