Thank you all for your thoughtful response.

Rohit, I did try Option 2 with limited success.  The architecture I was
targeting was `s390x` and it did give me some ideas on how it can work.
Creating a systemvm template for this arch was tricky as Debian 12 s390x
image and cloud init scripts had different naming for network interface (
scripts
<https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/14a42b786e681e2dd52fdd43b4a30c3d8fac96a7/systemvm/debian/opt/cloud/bin/setup/common.sh#L39>used
`eth*` for configurations but Debian images seemed to come up with "enc*"
interfaces). I am sure there must be a way around it but I couldn't find it.

I do agree it would be great if CloudStack can support architecture as a
property in template.

Thanks again!