GitHub user JoaoJandre edited a comment on the discussion: Define a release
schedule for the project

@DaanHoogland, about the points you raised:

- We have examples of fixed release schedules on volunteer based projects. I
think that a great example is OpenStack (see https://releases.openstack.org/),
which has a major release each 6 months. Compared to that, I think that the
schedule I proposed is quite tame, with majors every two years only. The
biggest thing we would have to get used to is features not getting into their
intended release every time: if the feature is not ready and it's time for a
new releaseā€¦ too bad, we leave it for the next one.
- Do you have a proposal for a mechanism to introduce disruptive changes? It
seems like we all agree that it should exist, but no one wants to suggest one.
I think that the natural solution would be to start following the semantic
versioning that our project supposedly uses.

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/8970#discussioncomment-9368896

----
This is an automatically sent email for users@cloudstack.apache.org.