HI Marty

You could technically reserve the IPs for System VMs to grab the IPs using
the DB, by updating the table  user_ip_address

update user_ip_address set forsystemvms=1 where
public_ip_address='172.16.16.171';

Please remember if you reserve more  IPs for SystemVms they may pick up any
in that reserved list.

Thanks & Regards
Nischal