GitHub user btzq added a comment to the discussion: HA not working in
cloudstack 4.19

@Aashiqps so just to confirm your test results:

**Scenario 1: Restart Hypervisor:**
- Host HA = Does not work
- VM HA = Restarts In the same server after Hypervisor resumes

In both scenarios above, your results are expected. This is because a
Hypervisor restart doesnt trigger any HA actually. All the services that were
on the Hypervisor, will just restart automatically, on the same hypervisor.

This brings me to my second point, i think you are confusing VM HA. VM HA means
that the VM will restart itself in another hypervisor. If your testing is only
that the VM is restarted within the same hypervisor, then its not called VM HA.
Its just only a server restart.

What is your definition of Host HA? My understanding is that you need OOB and
IPMI for Host HA. But, in Linstor documentation, they explicitly requests not
to use that as there is no need.
https://linbit.com/drbd-user-guide/linstor-guide-1_0-en/#ch-cloudstack:~:text=video%20here.-,14.9.%20High%20Availability%20and%20LINSTOR%20Volumes%20in%20CloudStack,-The%20CloudStack%20documentation

**Scenario 2: Power Off Hypervisor**
- Host HA = Does not work
- VM HA = Does not work

In this scenario, the VM HA does not work (even for us), which is what we are
trying to figure out.

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/9362#discussioncomment-10080105

----