15.01.2018 11:23, Ulrich Windl wrote:

Vladislav Bogdanov <bub...@hoster-ok.com> schrieb am 12.01.2018 um 10:06 in
Nachricht <3c5d9060-4714-cc20-3039-aa53b4a95...@hoster-ok.com>:
11.01.2018 18:39, Ken Gaillot wrote:

[...]
I thought one option aired at the summit to address this was
/var/log/clusterlabs, but it's entirely possible my memory's
playing
tricks on me again.

I don't remember that, but it sounds like a good choice. However we'd
still have the same issue of needing a single package to own it.

In rpm world several packages may own a directory if it is consistently
marked as '%dir' in a filelist.

Sure? I mean a package using a directory should include it as %dir, but what if
multiple packages use the same dir with different owners, maybe?

Then they will conflict.

I just rechecked, creating two dummy packages owning one directory. If owner/mode matches, then packages are correctly installed and directory is reported to be owned by both.
If there is mismatch, then rpm refuses to install.

Every file or directory should have exacltly one owner IMHO.
A common solution seems to put common directories in a separate package that "client
packages" require.

Still independent of that is having a clean structure of things.

Regards,
Ulrich

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org