Ferenc,

Jan Friesse <jfrie...@redhat.com> writes:

wagner.fer...@kifu.gov.hu writes:

triggered by your favourite IPC mechanism (SIGHUP and SIGUSRx are common
choices, but logging.* cmap keys probably fit Corosync better).  That
would enable proper log rotation.

What is the reason that you find "copytruncate" as non-proper log
rotation? I know there is a risk to loose some lines, but it should be
pretty small.

Yes, there's a chance of losing some messages.  It may be acceptable in
some cases, but it's never desirable.  The copy operation also wastes
I/O bandwidth.  Reopening the log files on some external trigger is a
better solution on all accounts and also an industry standard.

Got it

Anyway, this again one of the feature where support from libqb would
be nice to have (there is actually issue opened
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/libqb/issues/239).

That's a convoluted one for a simple reopen!  But yes, if libqb does not

I'm pretty sure you've seen my 2cents comment.

expose such functionality, you can't do much about it.  I'll stay with

I can send PR :)

syslog for now. :)  In cluster environments centralised log management is
a must anyway, and that's annoying to achieve with direct file logs.

Jan Friesse <jfrie...@redhat.com> writes:

No matter how much I still believe totemsrp as a library would be
super nice to have - but current state is far away from what I would
call library (= something small, without non-related things like
transports/ip/..., testable (ideally with unit tests testing corner
cases)) and making one fat binary looks like a better way.

I'll made a patch and send PR (it should be easy).

Sounds sensible.  Somebody can still split it out later if needed.

Yep (and PR send + merged already :) )

Great!  Did you mean to keep the totem.h, totemip.h, totempg.h and
totemstats.h header files installed nevertheless?  And totem_pg.pc could

Whups. No, that was just an oversight. These files shouldn't be installed.

go as well, I guess.

Yep. Thank you for notice (I've already opened another PR).

Regards,
  Honza