From: Derek Hohls [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 11 August 2003 4:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cocoon Database samples not working?

Geoff

I definitely downloaded and used the JDK1.4 compatible
version - that is why I was surprised it wasn't working.
As I said, I have used 2.0.4 with JDK1.3 without any
problems - but I need to upgrade to 1.4 for other apps -
I cannot do so if Cocoon does not work properly.

Are there any pacthes or solutions for this problem?
Should I alert on of the developers?

Thanks
Derek

Derek Hohls wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to get Cocoon talking to a database on a new installation.
> At the moment, I cannot even get the Cocoon hsql database
> samples to work.
>
> The error message is:
>

> An error occurred
> The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:
>
> Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate()
>
> More precisely:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
> Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException:
> Could not get the datasource
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoValidConnectionException:
> No valid JdbcConnection class available
>

> I am running:
>
> JDK1.4.0
> Cocoon 2.0.4
> Tomcat 4.0.4
> Windows2000
>
> I have seen previous posts on this topic on the mailing list, but no
> definitive solutions.
>
> Surely the Cocoon samples, at least, should work (as they seemed to do
> on the JDK1.3 version of Cocoon)?!

Make sure that the version of cocoon you are running is build with JDK
1.4 if you are running on JDK 1.4. There was (no longer true in 2.1) a
jvm version dependency because of changes in JDBC between the versions.

HTH,
Geoff Howard