Derek Hohls wrote:
Geoff

Attached is directory listing and all the config settings.

When I run the ESQL samples I get :

An error occurred The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:
Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate() More precisely:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoValidConnectionException: No valid JdbcConnection class available

ie. the same issue as the other machines I was working on.

I'd *really* appreciate help getting this one resolved.

Derek,

From your directory listing, it is obvious that the binary of 2.0.4 you are trying to use is built for JDK1.2/1.3 and _not_ 1.4 as you thought.
See the very bottom where the entry for excalibur-datasource-vm12-20021121.jar is. The 1.4 version should say vm14 instead of vm12.

By the way, this

If you go back and look carefully at the downloads and find that the link for the 1.4 binary does have the wrong jar in it, let me know immediately and file a bug in bugzilla so it doesn't get missed. I'm going away for a long weekend in a few minutes and might not be available.

You should be able to fix this by just retrieving the right jar from cvs and replace the wrong version with the right version. If not, you'll have to download the entire dist again.

- Geoff

I have tried installing Cocoon on another machine; and
get the same results - I have a "vanilla" installation of
Cocoon - binary download of 2.04JDK1.4; as well as an
installation of JDK1.4.0, on a Windows 2000 machine -
I have to use the binary version as the client needs to
run some of his other apps.

I am very worried that Cocoon will not work with databases
under JDK1.4 - any suggestions..?!

Can you:
- send me your load-class init-param section from web.xml
- send me your cocoon.xconf jdbc declarations
- send me a dir listing of your WEB-INF/lib
- try the esql samples

Geoff

load-class:

<init-param>
<param-name>load-class</param-name> <param-value>
<!-- For Database Driver: --> org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is F47C-2936

Directory of C:\tomcat\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib

2003/08/01 10:22 51,978 excalibur-datasource-vm12-20021121.jar

Bingo. There's your problem.