From: Michael Wechner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How To Run 2 Cocoons Simultaneously?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:33:26 +0200

Sonny Sukumar wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to run a 2nd cocoon webapp on the same Tomcat instance, so that one can be for testing (and using a test backend db) and another for using what will be a live backend db. However, something isn't working right (rather, I'm getting something wrong).

To make things simple, I just:

1.) copied my entire cocoon directory to a directory called cocoon_live in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps
2.) edited $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml and added a 2nd <Context> element right below the first, this one with path="/live" and docBase="cocoon_live". The first <Context> has path="" and docBase="cocoon"
4.) Shutdown and restarted Tomcat, and tried to connect to http://my.server/live/html_files/some_sample_file.htm, but all I get is a completely blank response.

My app *is* database driven and uses Tomcat's DBCP, but I'm not able even to read a simple html file. The html files were copied along with the cocoon directory, so all the paths should be correct. It doesn't look like the Cocoon app under the "/live" virtual path is even being invoked. My original Cocoon (the one I'm using for testing) still works though.

Any ideas?

Have you reconfigured the port of HSQL (9002) of one of the Cocoon instances, else you will have two
HSQLDBs trying to run on the same port

HSQL? I'm running MySQL databases on the backend, but I think I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Does Cocoon use HSQL internally or something?

HTH

Michael

I need to be able to run testing/live apps simultaneously from now on, so I'd appreciate your advice.

Thanks as always,

Sonny

P.S. I'm running Cocoon 2.1 on Tomcat 4.1.12

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup