On Freitag, August 29, 2003, at 08:15 Uhr, Jonothan Stribling wrote:

Hi All,

This issue is not so much specifically a problem with Cocoon, it is more
an environmental issue.

We use mod_proxy and Apache HTTP Server and proxy requests to Cocoon on
port 8080. The problem is that we need to detect the Client IP address
from cocoon and using request.getRemoteAddr() returns the servers IP
address because it is correctly identified as the client. This is not
terribly useful.

Can someone advise how how we can get the actual clients IP?  Does this
mean we cannot use mod_proxy and instead have to use mod_rewrite?

Hm... I switched back to mod_JK, but I hope that someone from this list comes up with a better solution.

/leo

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Jonothan Stribling